Fred Minnick, multi-appearance guest on the show and author of the new book Rum Curious, educates us bourbon drinkers on why rum isn’t so bad and how the rum industry needs the passion of the bourbon community.
It’s time to be your own boss! Learn more about franchising The UPS Store at http://theupsstorefranchising.com/bourbon
Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes at http://bourbo.nz/iTunes
- Back in February you had a article named “For Rum’s Sake”, an open letter to bourbon drinkers. Was it a plea?
- Why rum? There’s lots of other spirits
- Name a few brands that are accessible in parts of the US that are trustworthy.
- So what’s wrong with Captain Morgan and those typical ones we all think of?
- We know bourbon has 3 main ingredients, but what are some of the main ones going into rum?
- We also have corn whiskey, rye whiskey, etc, any variants?
- So people want to learn more about rum, besides your book, where are the rum fanatics?
- Talk about the laws and labels for rum producers
- What do you think about those companies that say they can create an aged rum in less than 7 days using technology?
- Thanks to Emmet Klocker that sent us some samples from Lemon Hart, Havana Club, and 1931
Listen Now: http://bourbonpursuit.com/
Google Play Music: https://play.google.com/music/m/Ijewpxez375itl4xkhyapvccfsq?t=Bourbon_Pursuit