Improve your English listening, vocabulary and speaking by learning these top 10 English love expressions and idioms!
Sign up to audible for free audiobook: http://amzn.to/2riiWPq
Sherlock Holmes read by Stephen Fry (RP accent): http://amzn.to/2o0ofyH
Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry (RP accent):
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone http://amzn.to/2qJ8iCN
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets http://amzn.to/2qIEGoV
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban http://amzn.to/2qNhv84
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire http://amzn.to/2qNhv84
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix http://amzn.to/2slq9N8
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince http://amzn.to/2rMe1YH
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows http://amzn.to/2qN2Rhg
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time: http://amzn.to/2s7T9Ls
Love you all very much,
Earn 100 free italki credits: https://go.italki.com/englishwithlucy
£26 Airbnb credit: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/c/lcondesa
Free uber ride: https://www.uber.com/invite/lucye539ue
- Where are you from?
I grew up in Bedfordshire, a county near London!
- How many languages do you speak?
English is my mother tongue, but I also speak fluent Spanish and I'm learning Italian. You can see a video of me speaking Spanish here: https://goo.gl/4RVY0O
- Which camera do you use?
I use the Canon 60D with a 50mm lens (https://goo.gl/T2T045)
- Which microphone do you use?
I use the SONY ECMCS3 - Very affordable and great value for money:
https://goo.gl/uzuIBh (Note that you will need this mic adapter if you want to use it with your iphone - https://goo.gl/oNtEhN)
I also use the Blue Yeti in vintage white for my voiceover work:
- What shade of lipstick are you wearing?
I wear Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Sheer Lip Tint in Plum. You can find it here: https://goo.gl/nxCazs
- Which editing software do you use?
I use Final Cut Pro X
- Which grammar book do you recommend?
I completely recommend English Grammar in Use: https://goo.gl/S3DIlN
- Can you recommend any books that will help me improve my English?
I always recommend 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' (https://goo.gl/7vGLDY) as it is written in the first person from the point of view of an autistic teenager and it does not use very complicated language. Some of it is also based in London which I like.
- Can you recommend a British TV Series for me to watch and improve my British English pronunciation?
Absolutely! I highly recommend 'Broadchurch' (https://goo.gl/5qdWbJ) which is a FANTASTIC crime drama based in a small village in the South of England. The actors are brilliant and it has won lots of awards!
p.s If you're still reading comment with 'Is she trying to tell us something!?''
Disclaimer: Amazon, Audible, Italki & Uber are affiliate links.